Tuesday, January 6, 2009

One week til we depart

I can't believe that we are only 1 week away from our pilgrimage. I have been working on this project for over a year. It started out as a discussion between Fr. Kerns and myself as to what my practicum should be. I was working on a Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry which requires a practicum for the last semester. Fr. Kerns suggested a parish pilgrimage to Our Lady of Guadalupe. We are after all St. Juan Diego Church, named after the native to whom Mary appeared back in 1531. For more information on Juan Diego visit :http://www.vatican.va/news_services/liturgy/saints/ns_lit_doc_20020731_juan-diego_en.html . When Fr. Kerns suggested the pilgrimage, I immediately said to myself "Yeah, what a great idea!" I had no idea what I was getting myself into. With lots of persistence, patience and prayer we have gotten to this day... one week from our pilgrimage.

May Our Lady of Guadalupe keep us under the mantle of her protection!

No comments:

Post a Comment