Friday, May 18, 2012

Waterford to Blarney

Our group toured the Waterford Crystal factory and saw them creating the beautiful pieces that cost an arm and a leg. I still have all my limbs, so no crystal.

We made our way to the Blarney Castle. Word is that if you kiss the Blarney stone you receive the gift of gab. I kissed it in 1979 and my family thought it was over-kill for me to have done so. So I passed up that opportunity this time.

We celebrated Mass at the parish church dedicated to the Immaculate Conception. I offered the Mass for my nephew, John Walter Kerns, who was confirmed on that day, May 17th at St. Paul Parish in Eugene, where I was confirmed many moons ago. In that little church is a plaque in the front row that says that Blessed Teresa of Calcutta (Mother Teresa) prayed there. She has a community of sisters in a convent a stone's throw from the church.

After Mass we left for Killarney where we will spend 2 nights.

-Fr. John



No comments:

Post a Comment