Saturday, May 19, 2012

Kilarney

We took a drive along the Iveragh Peninsula and enjoyed spectacular views.

Later in the day on May 18th We joined the local Catholic Community for Mass at the Killarney Cathedral of the Assumption of Mary where I concelebrated. The presider invited me to lead the General Intercessions which allowed me to pray aloud for Bishop Liam S. Cary on the day of his Episcopal ordination as the new Bishop of the Diocese of Baker. I had told Bishop Cary that I would not be able to attend his ordination due to my pilgrimage to Ireland and that I would offer Mass for him that day. He smiled at the thought since his ancestors are from Co. Galway. Tomorrow I will be offering Mass at the Cathedral in Galway and will pray for him there again in the land of his forbears.



No comments:

Post a Comment