Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Inspiration


So you may be wondering about the design now that you've seen the actual 2009 Paschal Candle. I hinted about the inspiration coming from our pilgrimage to Mexico City earlier this year. While on pilgrimage we spent time understanding the culture on St. Juan Diego and the indigenous people of that area around the early 1500's. We saw lots of stone carvings and so that is where I went with this design. I choose the color grey to represent the stone that was used during the time of Juan Diego. Then I set out to find images that I thought represented the Paschal mystery. The picture below has images which I found and used on the candle to represent water and the Holy Spirit - the waters of baptism and the power of the Holy Spirit.



No comments:

Post a Comment